About Me

My photo
Hello! Welcome to my blog! This is a blog designed to bring God glory & a place to share all that God is doing in my life!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Obedience

So, God has been doing BIG things in our lives the past few weeks! It's been so long since I've been on. Every time I get on to write, there have been no words coming to me in a manner that might make sense to anyone else.

I finally feel like I have some thoughts placed in somewhat of an organized fashion.

First off, there is NO ONE like our God!! He is BIG! He moves in ways I cannot comprehend, & for that I'm thankful! He does miracles, & He alone can change a heart to love in bigger ways than imaginable.

Second, as a follower of Christ, I am called to GO where He goes in obedience to His leading! This has never been an issue for me as I have never felt called to go into the mission field. So, I guess you could say I've felt safe in my comfort zone.

However, this changed 3 weeks ago when we got a call from my father-in-law with som news that rocked my world. Or at least, my mind! =)

He announced that he, my mother-in-law Wynne, and the girls (my husbands two younger sisters) were going to Nicaragua this June on a missions trip with their church. That WAS big news, but what I wasn't prepared for was the next part.

He went on to ask us if we would want to go.

Uuuuuhhhhh!!!!! Yah, right! Us? Go to another country? Nicaragua?! We can't go to Nicaragua! That was my first response. But, God had bigger plans for us than to stay at home in our comfort zone this June!

I fasted & prayed about going the next day. My answer from God was clear when my husband came home from work the following day.

He said he talked to his boss about going to Nicaragua. His boss goes to our church, but he responded in a way we were NOT expecting. He said "Lets find a way to get you there, but you still need to get paid & we need to still reap the benefit of you working".

He offered the idea to my husband to work some comp days so he could still get paid, & they could still get that week of work out of him. He doesn't have any days to take off till his 1 year anniversary rolls around, so this was an awesome answer to prayer.

So, we are going to Nicaragua, by God's grace & sufficient guidance & protection, we are going to spread the Name of our God among the nations & make Him famous in the lives of more people!

Could you pray for our team? There are 12 of us going. Pray that our hearts would be prepared in this time now before the trip to do whatever it is that God wants us to do while we're down there. Pray that we would be drawn close to our God, & that He would reign in each indiviual life so that our group can accomplish more for His kingdom.         

 *** 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 " Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, & fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness & the work of faith & power, that the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, & you in Him, according to the grace of our God & the Lord Jesus Christ."

***1 Corinthians 9:14 "Even so the Lord has COMMANDED that those who preach the gospel should LIVE from the gospel."

Pray that our team would bond.

*** Colossians 3:12-17 " Therefore, as the elect of God, holy & beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, & forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another, even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your heats, to which also you were called in one body; & be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you RICHLY in all wisdom, teaching & admonishing one another in psalms & hymns & spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Pray that our safety would not be an issue, in that God would keep us safe & that fear would not have a hold on any of our hearts or minds.

*** Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer & supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which passes all understanding, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS."

Above all, Pray that the Name of the Lord would be EXALTED above all else!

*** Psalm 148:13 " Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name ALONE is exalted; His glory is above the earth & the heavens."

Please also pray for the hearts of every person we come into contact with during he duration of our trip! Even people in the airports. And people who don't even come into direct contact with us, but who are affected by our ministry & that of Chosen Children Ministries. Pray that their hearts would be open to Christ's leading in their lives & that they would accept Him. Pray that seeds would be planted & sown with diligence & the love of Christ.

We covet your prayers & know how much POWER God bestows on those who have others praying for their ministry! The power of God is more than we can imagine & I pray God's power into us all that we be filled with Him & know that He holds life in His hands.

God, fill me even now. Prepare my heart to spread Your gospel. I pray all these verses into action today! I claim the truth in them. I pray for others who we come into contact with. Please open their minds & hearts to You. Please allow them to see Your Magesty & LOVE for them! Help us to be a blessing & to be worthy of this calling into Nicaragua. Go before us God. Prepare our way. Sharpen us as effective tools to be used for Your glory. Let every one know that we love You & worship only You, the only God who is alive & is full of POWER!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment